Friday was quite an emotional day for me, to say the least. It was my last day of teaching after 5 wonderful years. Even when I was a little girl, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. It is not the easiest job in the world, that's for sure! But it has brought me so much joy over the years. I particularly love teaching kindergarten because they learn SO MUCH in just a matter of months and it is so rewarding to see their progress and know you had something to do with it!
I took a video of my classroom to remember it if you'd like to see (and beware: I look awful because I had been crying all day and I had worked a 12 hour day setting up for my replacement). Probably boring to anybody but me, but I thought I'd put it on here:
I was praying Friday for the Lord to give me joy that I would get to stay home with Gavin instead of being sad about leaving my kiddos. My long-time friend Jeanette said it best in an email yesterday when I told her how sad I was to leave. She said, "Right now there is just a 'your kids'-sized hole with nothing to to fill it." That's exactly right! So once Gavin gets here, I know I'll be so excited and not even think about teaching!
For those of you that don't know, I'm going to be a stay-at-home Mom for at least a few years! It is so kind of the Lord to provide Ryan with a job that allows me to not have to work. Now don't go thinking we're rolling in the dough! Hardly! We'll definitely have to cut back and budget much more tightly than we have been, but it'll be so worth it to not have to miss anything my little boy does!
So I'm looking forward to being able to rest and relax for a few days before the little guy decides to make his appearance. We'll be updating the blog as soon as he arrives, so stay tuned!
I was praying Friday for the Lord to give me joy that I would get to stay home with Gavin instead of being sad about leaving my kiddos. My long-time friend Jeanette said it best in an email yesterday when I told her how sad I was to leave. She said, "Right now there is just a 'your kids'-sized hole with nothing to to fill it." That's exactly right! So once Gavin gets here, I know I'll be so excited and not even think about teaching!
For those of you that don't know, I'm going to be a stay-at-home Mom for at least a few years! It is so kind of the Lord to provide Ryan with a job that allows me to not have to work. Now don't go thinking we're rolling in the dough! Hardly! We'll definitely have to cut back and budget much more tightly than we have been, but it'll be so worth it to not have to miss anything my little boy does!
So I'm looking forward to being able to rest and relax for a few days before the little guy decides to make his appearance. We'll be updating the blog as soon as he arrives, so stay tuned!





5 comments:
For some reason, your 'country' accent really stood out to me in this video. I don't know that I'd necessarily dub you with a heavy southern accent, but wow you sound so southern in the video! Maybe it's just because I've been away from country twang and haven't heard it in awhile. Nevertheless, it was great to hear a voice from the south! :)
I love you Ally and am so thrilled that you will get to stay home with Gavin. I keep checking your blog or waiting for a call from your mom, the day should be here soon!!!! I love you and look forward to meeting Gavin!!! Enjoy sleep before he is born
No worries. You'll always miss your sweet kiddos, but once Mr. Gavin gets here, you'll be so very in love with him, you will not have time to be sad about missing school. You will be so thrilled to be a stay-at-home mommy! :) By the way, though, your classroom looked awesome. You are a great teacher, and you're going to be an even better Mommy! Oh, I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear the news that he's here!!
I can imagine that it would be really bitter-sweet! I am so happy for you that you will be able to stay home though! I know you'll enjoy every second!
Your video is so sweet and your classroom is amazing! I think I re-learned stuff just by taking that tour with you! :)
I think you'll find that your entire focus changes and you will be completely wrapped up in Gavin and won't miss your other kiddies very much.
I'm with Joanna...enjoy your sleep and uninterrupted showers as long as you can!
I can't wait to hear that he's been born!
Post a Comment