Friday, February 20, 2009

Due Day: 40 Weeks

"Happy Gavin's due day!" That's what I said to Ryan as we woke up this morning. I went to the doctor Thursday and am still only 1 cm dilated, he has not dropped, and she does not think he'll be here before next week. The questions I'm getting a lot are, "Are you discouraged?" or, "Are you miserable?" and thankfully the answer to both is NO! It is the kindness of the Lord to give me a few days extra to rest. And, not to mention, give Ryan the weekend to work on and hopefully (cross your fingers) finish our master bathroom project!! The tile will hopefully be done this weekend! WOOHOO!!!
Our good friends Peter and Bethany found this sign at Goody's and had to get it for us. Can I just carry this around in my car and put it up wherever I want to park??

We're going to bed every night thinking, "Is this the last full night's sleep I'll get?" It's just a big waiting game right now! We're just so glad he's cooperating so well so we can keep working around here! :) He's already being a good baby!

Oh, and my doctor will let me go 2 weeks past my due date before she induces me. So he could even be a March baby!! Woa, that's a crazy thought. Ryan's going to update the blog from the hospital, so we'll keep you posted when he does decide to come!

5 comments:

Meagan said...

I'm SO SO excited for y'all! I can't wait for little Gavin to be here! Good call on having Ryan update the blog from the hospital! :-)

ariel said...

I'm glad he's being a good boy already! Looking forward to opening up your blog to a post from the hospital! :)

Lauren said...

I'm glad you're feeling well! Please make sure Ryan does update from the hospital, or he might have a couple girls from Murfreesboro come hunt him down! :)

Wes & Meredith said...

Thinking about you. Enjoy your free time now!!

stacymc88 said...

I saw your parents this weekend at a wedding in Chattanooga and asked them how "Baby Watch" was going, and your dad proudly pulled out his cell phone and said he was ready. It was so cute! I'm thinking about y'all@