Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update

Just got back from my weekly doctor's appointment. Here's what's going on:
  • I'm having consistent contractions--not ones that hurt, but tightening up. They hooked me up to a monitor for 30 minutes and I had them the whole time and Gavin's heartbeat is good.
  • Easy 1 cm dilated--almost 2 cm. Still only 50% effaced.
  • She did an ultrasound to check his fluid levels and movement and all is great!
  • Weight: holy cow, 8 lb 1 oz from the ultrasound! I asked her what my likelihood is of being able to deliver an 8 lb baby and she said she's one of the most patient doctors at Parkwest and she'd do everything she can to make sure I have a vaginal delivery. I LOVE my doctor!
  • She thinks he'll be here by this weekend the way my contractions were going, so we'll see! She's on call tonight, so wouldn't that work out nicely?
  • If he does not cooperate, I am scheduled to be induced next Friday, March 6.
That's all I know for now! Stay tuned to see if these contractions turn into anything!

4 comments:

MELDUST said...

Need any tips on "natural" ways to induce?! :) Seriously though - eggplant parmesean is one...I had that the Monday before Emma was born and a skip in the park on Tuesday! :) Can't wait to see the blog post that Gavin has arrived!!!!

Anonymous said...

Abs! I'm so happy for you and Ryan. This is so exciting and I love reading your blog. It brings back so many great memories! Best of luck and we'll be praying for a happy delivery for you, Ryan and Gavin!

Lauren said...

Yay!!!!! I bet you have him by Saturday. :)

I can't tell you how excited I am for you!

Joanna said...

Gavin is almost ready to enter this world!!! Remember it is all in God's perfect timing. I love you and continue to pray for you, Ryan, and a perfect delivery of your healthy son, Gavin!!!!