Friday, February 27, 2009

Update #2

So I called the doctor this afternoon to tell them I was having consistent contractions at 7 minutes apart. They told me to come in and do a labor check around 2:30. The monitor they hooked me up to showed the contractions at 4 1/2 minutes apart!
But...I'm not in enough pain. I'm just in pain in my lower back or like a menstrual cramp--not my whole stomach. So the doctor said it could go on like this all weekend! Hooray! :) She gave me some Ambien to sleep through the night with the contractions because I'm not ready yet. Still only 2 cm, almost a 3.
So I am in early labor, yes, but not real labor yet. So I'll try to make it through these fun contractions for tonight and maybe tomorrow and we'll see when Gavin decides to make his arrival!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, the waiting!!

I hope you and Ryan can enjoy these last few hours together as just a "family of two"...it will never be the same again! :)

I hope that you can get some sleep and EAT. It may be a while before you really get to do that.

I will be praying for you and Gavin. I can't wait to see pictures!