Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter Wonderland

My Mom and I have always been huge fans of snow--we're both teachers, so of course we love snow days! I think we wait for it more than the kids do. So when I moved to Knoxville 4 1/2 years ago, I told her I'd be calling her when I got out of school and she didn't. Well, it hasn't happened yet--until this week! Check out our snow from Monday!

I was determined to make a snow angel--even at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. I needed a lot of help getting up! :) Check out the mound protruding from the snow. Wow. And notice my outfit--my regular ski bibs unzipped completely so my belly could poke through!

We had to get all of us dressed to play in the snow--even Dakota!

We finished our snowman right about dinner time. It's almost as tall as me! The snow was wet and stuck together perfectly!

It also snowed here a couple of weeks ago--pretty pitiful compared to yesterday. Dakota just LOVES the snow. She likes eating it especially. If you like dogs, you'll get a kick out of this video...

Look at this pitiful face.

6 comments:

J said...

Ryan and I watched the video over and over and over and over again..laughing! Thats so funny that Ryan kept throwing snow in her face!

weird--the word verification I have to type in to make this comment is "allyi" =)

Becky Lott said...

You're too cute! You have a new blog stalker:) Check us out too!

stacymc88 said...

Hi Ally- My mom gave me your blog wesite and I have had so much fun reading about your last 9 months! I miss you and Ryan and all the tyner kids. I see Amanda every once in a while here in Nashville. It looks like you are doing so well, and I can't wait to see pictures of Baby Gavin.

Meagan said...

Gotta love some snow... and gotta love a boxers sweet face! too cute!

ariel said...

haha I love the pics and the video! so funny and cute! Really like the family pic with the snowman! I'm glad you got to enjoy your snow day!

Gabby said...

Wow, that snowman is pretty dang perfect. Much better than the Alexanders mysteriously long-armed one. haha!