Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snow: Day 2


Friday was a GORGEOUS day! It had rained for days and days so the sun was a welcome change! We bundled up after breakfast and headed back out.

My sweet vehicle-lovin' boy. Of course he wanted his firetruck outside in the snow:

The kids loved playing in the fort covered in snow:

I attempted a few snow pictures while they played:

Love this picture!

Dakota doesn't get enough camera time in our family, so I attempted a few candid shots of her:


 She wants to be outside every second when it snows. Ryan's parked van left a patch of grass and she stayed here most of the day. So funny!
Oh, this crazy pup. She loves snow as much as these kids do. Maybe more. When we have a snowball fight, she is right in the middle--eating them midair. She seriously stands next to you waiting on you to throw snow at her face! It's so funny. You can imagine it took me a few shots to get this one! Hilarious.

And most of the time she looks like this--covered in snow!


Gavin also loved eating the snow:

I am not as talented as Dad, but Henley and I made a tiny Frosty:

Our friends the Oldacres didn't get much snow at their house, so they came to play for a bit before it melted:


 Melanie and I came up with a Science Experiment for the kiddos. We made 4 snowmen and put them in 4 different locations to see which one melted the fastest--outside in the snow, in the sun on the grass, in the shade, and inside. The inside snowman was the winner!

Do you know my biggest regret of our 2 snow days? We didn't make a snow angel!! For goodness sakes. What kind of a mother am I!? I sure hope it snows again so I won't have any regrets from this Winter! :)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

HOW FUN! I am ready for some snow... I mean, if it is going to be this cold we need white stuff on the ground and cancelled school! We only got ice and it only cancelled my after school program one day. lol