I actually wasn't skeptical. I think it's the school teacher inside of me that still wishes for snow--even though I don't get snow days from being a Mom. :) In fact, snow days are HARD as a mom. There's more messes of wet floors to clean, more laundry to do, and whining kids as you get layers on. BUT it's all worth it! I love love love snow! So when the weatherman said snow, I totally believed him. And it actually came!!
Gavin has been wanting snow since Christmas because he thinks the two go hand in hand. Both kids boycotted naps on Thursday, so as soon as flakes started falling, we bundled up and ran outside. I didn't know how much it would snow and didn't want to miss it if this was all we were getting.
Henley loved catching it!
And loved sticking her tongue out to taste it:
We met our neighbors outside and the girls stuck their tongues out together. So cute!
So we went back inside to warm up, and we decided to meet back outside after there was more snow on the ground. So this is what it looked like when we came in the first time:
Gavin couldn't wait to get back out!
Dad was done with work and we ventured back out!
This was about 45 minutes later! It was coming down so hard! I think the weatherman called it a "thundersnow." Here's our 3 youngins trecking through the street :)
Henley helped Dad make a "Fro-ee!" (Frosty--her favorite!)
It was perfect snow for a snowman. It was really wet and stuck together so well!
Ryan made this guy in under 5 minutes. It really was the perfect snow!
I want to show this to Henley when she decides to boycot naptime again. She was soooo tired!
Gavin had a blast.
He loved rolling his own snowballs like his Dad did with the snowman.
Then we pulled the tractor out!
We ended the evening snowball fighting with our neighbors, but of course my camera was safely put away for that! It was so fun having the dads there to play with us, because normally our snow days are in the morning when they are at work! I don't remember the last time it has snowed in the afternoon like this!


















No comments:
Post a Comment