Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas at the Zoo

Some friends of ours joined us at the Zoo the week before Christmas to get our pictures made with Santa. Well I am so thankful my mom bought the mall pictures because this dressed up precious little girl did no cooperate for a single picture at the Zoo!

The best 2 pictures we got:


So I tried my own without Santa. Henley watched that apparently scary man the whole time and still didn't smile!
 Sweet Gavin cheesing away.

If Henley could say it, I could hear her saying, "Mom! He's touching me!" here. The diva.

So I gave them a break from pictures and let them run around. Henley wanted to read:
 Gavin went in the maze:
Henley did not enjoy the maze!
 Gavin loves to scoop "manure" in the barn!
 Then I tried for more pictures--to no avail! Sheesh!
 If we pretend Henley is smiling (she definitely is not), this is the best picture I got all day from my phone to send to the grandparents:

Change of clothes and time to play!
The kids played in the kitchen section of the Wee Play while we were eating. It was so cute!
 They love pretend play!

During Christmas, they have a little craft table where kids can decorate their own ornament.
 They both seriously concentrated on it!

Then we walked around the zoo for a bit. Henley's favorite: the elephants!
 Henley's buddy Rev. He looks so serious about the elephants, Kim! :)
 Then to my favorite: the Gibbons! I actually made him talk to me this time! I make a fool out of myself most zoo trips talking like a monkey, but it was worth it this time!

So thankful to my grandmother Buddie for giving us Zoo passes for Christmas each year! Thank you, Buddie!

No comments: