As usual, I have too many pictures and not enough time to share them! Our end of February is going to be CRAZY so I want to document the first half before life happens. :)
Groundhog Day:
It snowed (just for a bit)! I normally take the kids out in it but we were all in our pj's and warm and cozy and just opted to watch from the window:
I attempted a groundhog pudding food craft from Family Fun magazine and although fun, not my best project. :) Oh well.
Valentine's Day
The day before Valentine's Day, I watched my buddy Elizabeth's 3 kiddos to let her get some much needed kid-free time. Gavin and Henley were so sweet with baby Sutton:
Our kids have hardly hung out this winter so we had the best time! We did all Valentine's crafts and food.
We made heart-shaped popsicles with Raspberry Lemonade. They of course were a hit!
Our mid-morning snack was fondu!! This was so so fun!
Each kiddo got a separate bowl and fondu fork, but Henley eventually took matters into her own hands:
Then we had heart shaped turkey and cheese for lunch. I wish every day had a theme! :)
Gavin's project for preschool was addressing 14 valentines.
If you think this was a chore with a boy that refuses to write with me, you would normally be right. BUT, with chocolate chip bribes (oh, yes, that's how we roll), it made it quite a success!
Now he loves to write his name! And does it all by himself with no help! So proud of this boy. And SO thankful for Valentine's Day with cool valentines to make this happen! :)
While Gavin was at preschool on Valentine's Day, Henley got to address her own Princess valentines.
She thinks she's the stuff using markers! :)
Henley and I got to join the Gavster for a preschool party Valentine's afternoon. I love love love his preschool and teachers! His teacher asked at the beginning of the party, "Who loves us the most of all?" and all their precious voices responded, "God!" It was so cute.
For an early Valentine's present, I surprised Ryan with tickets to Zac Brown Band:
So because of that, we had a low-key (and cheap!) Valentine's evening with the kiddos. Steaks (from our cow in the freezer--don't think these were Fresh Market steaks! :) ) by candlelight.
Then we moved to the living room for fondu because it was so fun with our buds!
We had snow showers again this weekend! So we stopped what we were doing and ran outside to taste it before it stopped:
These two have really gotten into arts and crafts this month:
And speaking of these two, they are really becoming sweet friends! It is precious to hear them play together. I snapped some pictures after church Sunday:
Choke hold or love? :)
Henley is FINALLY starting to dress up.
Two things have happened to make this a success:
1. Girls around her age have been coming over to play, and they all go straight for the dress up corner
and
2. My sweet friend Melissa gave us her daughter's Belle costume! OH MY. Henley loves Belle. Therefore Henley loves to dress up like Belle!
This was a breakthrough day: dress, jewelry, crown, and shoes. This NEVER happens.
I had to dress up in crown and tutu for her to keep it on, but she did!
And then Minnie Mouse!
And that leads me to some exciting news--we are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!! Look for many a blogpost to come in the near future from our trip!















1 comment:
OH MY GOSH! We love Disney World! (Never thought those words would come out of my mouth... my how kids change you!) Your low-key Valentine's day looks just perfect!!! :-) I love all the things you do with the kids - it's an inspiration! ;-)
Post a Comment