The weekend Ryan returned from Boston, we took the kiddos to the Knoxville Museum of Art for their Family Christmas Craft Day.
Henley Jane is such a little artist! She would color and paint all day if I let her.
They had different tables set up with various Christmas crafts. I couldn't believe the amount of goodies we carried home that the kids created!
The shocker of the day was Henley allowing her face to be painted.
She closed her eyes like this immediately without us telling her to. She watched a girl in front of us get hers done so I think she was seriously prepared!
She started reaching for Ryan so he sat with her, and that's the extent of her fussiness!
The finished product. Frosty the Snowman for Henley's Frosty obsession this Christmas!
website
. She did not ask me to do this, I just really liked her!>
We were leaving for the day when one of the volunteers asked us if we had gotten our caricature done. We thought for sure it cost money, but it was free! So we waited in line for both kids to get it done.
This gal was amazing! She did it in seriously 5 minutes! Totally worth the 20 minute wait!
Henley was a wiggle worm the entire time.
Ryan had to hold her to keep her contained! That's what a sugary drink will do to these kiddos!
Oh I can't handle the cuteness!
These are hanging up outside their rooms! I love them!
Then we came home for naps and woke up to make our Gingerbread House! Gavin made one last year and has remembered this all season, asking to make one every day. So on a whim at Earthfare with the kiddos one day, I picked up a "healthy" Gingerbread House. It was a small fortune, but I didn't cringe every time my kids took a bite of it!
Ryan the professional icing maker:
The icing and gingerbread went directly on the box everything came in.
What is hilarious is that I didn't realize that a "natural" Gingerbread House would have no colored candy with it! Haha. So we improvised with nuts, cereal, and sprinkles we had in the cupboard.
Henley loved sampling:
Ryan put a Santa gingerbread man on the chimney. Gavin was ecstatic!
The finished product:
Gavin just realized yesterday that we finally threw this away. And he said, "That's ok! There's always next Christmas!" Love that boy.














1 comment:
I had no idea the KMA had something like that! Will you remind me about it next year (I know you will remember!) :)
Post a Comment