I love that Gavin uses his imagination all the time these days. He is constantly a fireman going to put out a fire. I think this is thanks to "Fireman Sam" that we watch on Netflix. Anybody else love this show like this little boy?
So this morning, I was unpacking a huge box from Amazon and the kids immediately started playing in it. Then Gavin turned into Fireman Gavin and the real fun began.

We pulled out our Halloween costumes and played Fireman Gavin and firedog Henley! Here is Gavin showing Henley how to rescue a cat from a burning house like the Dalmatian in his favorite book Dot the Fire Dog.
Henley lasted about 4 minutes as the firedog and then wanted the jacket off. So we improvised with our Care Bear! Here he is saving the cat like in the book:

Gavin really got into this role play/dress up that I had to shoot a video to document my sweet imaginative boy. Love this! He undressed, slept, I rang the fire alarm bell, and he got dressed again for seriously 30 minutes straight. I call that a fun morning!
Here's his "ax" (spanking spoon!) that he was referring to in the video. Breaking down the window to save the man in the house (with his hat on backwards, might I add)!

I love how different our boy version of dress up is from all my friends with girls and their princess outfits! That will be us one day with Henley I'm sure!





No comments:
Post a Comment