At the beginning of our construction, the excavator made a pretty awesome dirt pile.
Finally, after 2 months of it being in our backyard, the dirt pile is no more!
So I let the kids have 1 last day of playing in the dirt...
A Bobcat came to level out the dirt all over the backyard to prepare it for a patio we are paying them to pour while they're doing all the construction to the rest of the house from the hailstorm.

Gavin, of course, was mesmerized.
(Even Dakota was, too!)
He kept moving from couch, to door, to window, and back again to get the best view:

Here's a video because you really can't tell how cool this is to a construction-truck-lovin'-boy just by pictures. And the driver of the bobcat had a long white beard, so Gavin of course thinks he is Santa Clause!
The next day was unseasonably warm, so Ryan wanted to finally mow the grass and mulch the leaves since we have had a giant pile of dirt blocking most of our yard for a good while! Henley wants to be anywhere Ryan is, so she took a ride.
(Ryan, your hair is unbelievable here, might I add.)
And Gavin, of course, had to drive across the dirt that was now spread all over the yard. This face is AWESOME:
Then it rained...and rained...and rained. And our nice dirt-filled backyard became a huge muddy mess.

What else was I to do but get us out in it!? I mean, how often is your yard covered in this much mud??

Gavin's shoes kept getting stuck, so he opted to go muddin' in the jeep.
These faces make all the laundry I had to do afterwards all worthwhile:





No comments:
Post a Comment