Last Christmas post! I promise!
And I'm sorry for all the details that probably nobody but my family wants to read, but I want to always remember these precious memories we made!
My brother and his wife got to fly in from New York for the week after Christmas, so we stayed at my parents with them, too. It was a full house!
We pretended Monday morning was Christmas morning all over again and opened presents bright and early in our pi's.
Henley loves getting into boxes and lids of things. Crazy girl!
Dakota found a new friend to play with...
Gavin got a new tool bench from Nani and Pop.
Maybe he'll grow up and be able to build anything like his Dad!
(Side note: Chad is sporting his new shirt that's a big picture of Ralphie from A Christmas Story that says, "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"
Meg is 7 months pregnant with my first nephew William Walker Wade!!
Here's Nani and Pop feeling him kick:
Will even got some fun presents this year.
I love that Meg is sporting her new nursing cover. :)
Chad and Meg are so creative--it's unbelievable.
They made "The Wade Family Trivia Game"--full of questions that are all inside jokes or stories from us growing up. This is definitely my favorite present this Christmas. During naptime, we all played and laughed and relived memories from our childhood and times as a family. They said this was probably 15 hours of memories and inside jokes they had to think of and jot down and then turn into a game.
Nicely done, Chad and Meg!
Another awesome present was from Ryan's whole family for me--a new blender for me to make smoothies with. With my new non-dairy diet, breakfast is a tough one for me, so I just skip it a lot of mornings. Not anymore! We are a smoothie making family now!
Will got lots of nutrients on a daily basis with these smoothies! Mostly fruit and we add spinach for veggies. They really taste sooo good!
Yes, these kiddos are drinking straight fruits and veggies! And loving it!

And sometimes we do fun chocolate dessert smoothies, too. Yum!
(I love Gavin's precious little hands in this picture!)

I also got a bread machine. Wow! We had quite the Christmas! Love this of Gavin watching it mix up the dough:
Gavin got a new Busytown board game that we all enjoyed.
(By the way friends--this game is AWESOME for Gavin's age! Everybody plays no matter who's turn it is! Man, I should be getting paid for all these plugs. :) )
Notice anything strange about this picture? No kids! Mom and Aunt Joanna playing by themselves!! :)

Gavin was spoiled with attention from family that don't get to see him very often. My cousin Madison from Florida and Unk playing in the garage in one of Nani's "centers":
He even got Meg down in the floor to play with him!

Gavin loved spending time with Unk. His new line is, "You come play with me?"
Sheriff Gavin put Unk in the dog pin, a.k.a. Jail!
Gavin and Pop watched The Polar Express probably 5 times while we were there.
Pop also spent time with his favorite girl, reading her new favorite book written by my Mom!!
Mom used animals with scripture together in a children's book called Animals Teach.
I mean, this girl LOVES it and asks to read it over and over again!

An example of a couple of pages:
So proud of my Mom!
I got Henley a package of Santa diapers and of course had to snap a couple of pictures after bath time!

These are so ridiculous that I really can't believe I bought them but they are so funny!

And I had to stage this picture because I didn't get a picture of the kids in their matching Christmas pi's:
We are so blessed to have had such a wonderful Christmas surrounded by all our family!





1 comment:
It looks like y'all had a very merry Christmas indeed! LOVE that you got lots of quality time in Chattanooga with family from near and far! :-)
Post a Comment