Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Construction: Week 3

Our house is, in a word, a DISASTER. I know that we will love the end result, but it is rough right now until we get there! All that is keeping 2 crazy kiddos out of the unfinished addition is a sheet of plastic, which thankfully, works most of the time!

The windows and door are in and I love them!

And the kids got to play on the piles of sheetrock before they went up:

Pardon the poor picture quality. These are all camera phone pictures we text to our families to show them updates:

The opening to the kitchen (ignore the sheetrock on the bottom right).
When we found out we were changing the sunroom into an addition, Ryan wanted to open the wall up between the kitchen and the new room. We wanted it all open but we had to have the little "toothpick" as our contractor calls it for support. I still love it!

View from inside the kitchen:
(It will hopefully be trimmed this week!)

Our whole roof got replaced and we got a new roof on the addition. The saddest thing to me is that when it rains, I don't hear it anymore! That was my favorite thing about our aluminum sunroom. Oh, well, I think I will love this room more!

It will hopefully be move-in ready at the end of this week or first of next! Painting, hardwoods, and trim work. Woohoo! Can't wait to have our house/lives back to normal!

Here's our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree until we have the addition done to put up our real tree:

2 comments:

MELDUST said...

It's going to be gorgeous!

Meagan said...

It's going to look great!!!!! :-) Can't wait to see the finished product! We finally got a house and hope to be in it next week in time to put a tree up for Christmas, lol! Nothing like last minute! :-)