We always have a very jam-packed Thanksgiving. My mom's side of the family for lunch, Ryan's family for dinner, and then my dad's side of the family for dinner on Friday! We have to force ourselves to either a. not go back for seconds or b. wear sweat pants! :)
My family's tradition has always been to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thanksgiving morning while getting ready (as I'm sure most family's do). So thankful Ryan's family does, too! And thankful there's a TV in the kitchen so I can cook and watch it!

Ryan's dad is a turkey frying expert. If you have never tried fried turkey, OH MAN. It is SO good.
My sweet girl got to wear her brother's Thanksgiving shirt from 2 years ago.
Gavin and Henley have cousins that are so close to their age that I'm so glad we get to create memories with them where they will look forward to playing together every year!
Nani's creation: beans, rice, and construction vehicles in a tub. Genius.

Nani and Pop with Gavin, Henley, and the main event: the John Deere Gator.
Freshly shot venison wrapped in bacon. This is why we come to Dayton every Thanksgiving! :)
My cousins Laura and Madison posing in front of the game room wall.

The spread of food. It's overwhelming how much food we end up with every year! Henley's deciding what she is going to chow down on first.

Gavin put on this helmet and wore it for about an hour without taking it off, through various activities...


My sweet stuffed little girl.
Thanksgiving evening, we got to spend time with Gavin's friend Asher and his family.
I wanted to do a craft with the boys (2 1/2 and 4), so we made these awesome Oreo Turkeys.
They are sooo cute! And were super easy to make.
In other news, Henley is walking EVERYWHERE holding our hands. If she would let go, she'd be running! I think it'll be any day now!
She was cracking up at Asher while walking around the kitchen.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's so fun that Gavin is a little older now so we can actually talk about what these special days are for and talk about the things he's thankful for and the ways the Lord has blessed us and provided for us. And so fun to hear the things a 2 1/2-year-old is thankful for. Here are my favorite answers he gave me this year:
*Big trucks
*My blanket
*Henley Jane







1 comment:
You have the most "stinkin' cute" children ever!!! I knew I recognized Henley's shirt:)
Post a Comment