Unbeknownst to me, Santa comes to the Zoo every year!
And what's the best part? It's FREE!!!
We went to the Mall last year and it's crazy how expensive it is to get a picture. So this will be a new tradition for sure!
We tried to get a group together, but apparently December isn't the optimal time to bring kiddos to an outdoor event :) so Kim and Rev joined us and it was so fun!
Rev was not a fan of Santa!
My favorite part of the day was when Kim said, "This is such a fun memory!"
Oh, Rev, you know your mother will pull this picture out in the future like any good Mom would! :)

Henley was also terrified of Santa.

Ter-ri-fied

But Gavin did AWESOME! He even ran up to him to give him a hug!
Henley did a little better when I held her, but she still wasn't too sure about the big man.
We played indoors most of the day. Henley was fascinated with the rats. That's my girl!
At one point Gavin was nowhere to be seen. As I started to panic, I hear, "Hi Momma!" and see him waving from the tunnel window. First time he's ever ventured up there! I love that he enjoys something new every trip to the Zoo.
Because lunch is usually hectic with so many Moms & kiddos, I was able to snap a quick shot this time since it was just the 5 of us!
The kiddos' first time playing in the kitchen section. Gavin LOVED it.
And of course we had to see some animals while we were there!
Kim brought a Zoo book (this is why you are my friend, Kim Alexander! :) ) and pointed out the animals on each page:

We really had the place to ourselves. The kids had a blast on the truck:
My big boy hauling Rev:

The penguins (who I guess love this weather) were right up next to the glass. And they pooped right in front of us! Ha!





No comments:
Post a Comment