Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas at Dollywood

Let's face it--we do not need any more toys in our house. So to help this problem a bit this Christmas, we asked for Dollywood passes from Ryan's grandparents instead of more toys. (Thanks, Betty!!) In the words of Cousin Eddie, "It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year."

So we went up with Ryan's parents (for the first time ever) last Friday!
The lights were gorgeous:

My girl was stylin' and profilin' and ready to ride her first ride:
Which was pretty fitting because we call her a piglet all the time the way she eats!

Gavin loved everything. Especially the Bee ride where he kept smiling super big every time he went up in the air:

Gavin and Henley rode the ducks together by themselves:

I think Henley was a bit traumatized by it:

Ryan, Gavin, and I rode the Veggie Tales roller coaster. I'm not gonna lie--it was a bit scary. :) Much faster than I was anticipating! Gavin agreed! He said, "That scared me!"

Gram and Henley bonded since Henley couldn't ride as many rides or do as much as Gavin could. So nice to have her and Papaw there to help us out with the kids!
We tried so hard to win the Abominable Snowman in the background, but no luck. Gavin was 1 cup away!
Gavin did love the fishing though...
...and won a dolphin that is his new favorite (and currently asleep with him in his bed)!

Ryan and I took the kids walking around while Gram and Papaw stayed in a very long line for some very-delicious-and-totally-worth-the-wait-Kettle Corn. We saw a live nativity show going on and Gavin flipped out. He saw live what we had been talking about all Christmas season and it was AWESOME. The wise men walked right by us (like we literally had to get out of their way) and Gavin was mesmerized. I want to always remember the look on his face when I could see him connecting what was happening to what we have been learning about!

My sweet sleepy girl that refused to nap in the car on the way up there like she was supposed to:

Enjoying Kettle Corn and Hot Chocolate and watching the Christmas parade:
Love this:

Gavin requested Papaw take a picture with him here. He already appreciates his Irish routes apparently:

Last activity of the night--the train! Who is the most excited in this picture?!? Papaw LOVES trains!!
No flash out the train window just for fun:
Such a fun night! We can't wait to go back during the day and spend more time riding rides!

No comments: