In this season of thankfulness, I would like to say how thankful I am for Ryan's job. Not only does he work hard so I can stay home with our kiddos, it is super flexible and has some pretty great perks. Like this past weekend for example. Long story short, I got approved to go on an extended business trip with Ryan in Charlotte--without the kiddos! Our last overnight getaway to Chattanooga had been planned since June, but this was very spur of the moment!
We split the kiddos up--Henley went to my parents' house and Gavin went to Ryan's parents' house. Can we say, divide and conquer? :)
We started our trip with a stop in Asheville at Tupelo Honey Cafe. It was SO GOOD and all local food!!
Ryan planned things for us that we normally can't do with kiddos.
I shopped while Ryan worked during the day (with no diaper bag and stroller--unbelievable).
On Saturday morning we hiked Crowder Mountain.

There were some folks rock climbing that we had to take a picture of for Ryan's grandmother who just recently asked us, "Why would anybody ever climb up a rock?"
Betty, it did look kind of fun! :)

Saturday was very on the fly, so unlike us, and SO FUN. I am such a planner that to do things spur of the moment is normally not our style.
First: dinner downtown at Basil, a fancy thai restaurant
(where we bumped into our old friend Lorato!! Man, we should have gotten a picture to prove it, Lorato! :) )

Then, we got tickets to the sold out show of West Side Story!
(Here's my mountain man husband for No-Shave November)

The only seats they had left were the box seats on the side I always see people in and have never gotten to sit in. We were so close!! It was a great show, but definitely had some stuff that I understand why it said "mature content" on the ticket that I didn't pay any attention to! I might like a more family friendly show next time. :)

After the play, we came out to this awesome street band that we later found out (from Lorato and Travis who had us over for lunch the next day!) that these guys play every weekend. So fun! The little guy is definitely my fav.
We made lots of Starbucks stops and had chances to read.
Reading a book?! What!?
(Side note--I'm reading The Big Year after seeing the movie on our last getaway. It is so interesting and so good!)

My man and his camera skills:

We ended our trip with Ryan's work's Fall Festival at a local park. The theme was "lumberjack." I think Ryan fit the part quite well. :)

Thanks Mom/Dad and Julie/Robert for watching the kiddos for us so we could spend some time just the 2 of us. We had to remember how to have a conversation again without bringing up the kids or without being interrupted by kids!
Now it's back to the real world. Yesterday (first day back home all day), Gavin kept saying, "Hi, Momma." Sweet boy. I sure do miss them when I'm away from them! And I think they missed me, too!





4 comments:
Do Travis and Lorato live in Charlotte now? That's so neat you got to see them!
What fun!!!! I am so glad y'all got to get away again! Spur of the moment stuff is always so much fun - especially for us planners, lol.
I love reading about your precious life!!! Keep sharing:D By the way, some Christmas shopping came in today and it is hard to believe the sizes. Your children are growing... and doing it quite cutely:) Love you all! See you all very, very soon!!!!!
i'm very envious of your getaway! sounds like it was wonderful!
Post a Comment