Camping--one of the many reasons why I love Fall!
We ended our week in Chattanooga with a camping trip with my parents at Cumberland Mountain State Park. Gavin and Henley were in hog heaven that they got to spend so much time with both sets of grandparents in one week!
Here's my mother sporting her "Mountain Diva" look as we named it acting silly for the camera. Mom, I am so glad I get to share this picture with so many people!!! :)

A view of our mornings when it was too cold to go outside. Cooking and playing inside on the beds!

I set Henley's pack-n-play up on top of Gavin's bed and it actually worked out great! The kids slept completely through the night 2 out of 3 nights! A miracle!!
When it warmed up a bit we could go outside by the fire.
Amazing that this boy actually enjoys sitting still by the campfire now like a big boy:
Oh, how I love this picture so much! Pop and Gavin.
We definitely had to bundle up the first day!

Most of the time, this boy was perfectly content to get dirty and play right at our campsite:
But when the kids got restless, we went for walks around the campground:

Gavin got a new tricycle from Gram and Papaw, and my Dad rigged it up with a broom handle to make pushing easier!

And Gavin wasn't the only one that loved his new tricycle:

We also went on a couple of bike rides before Nani's tire popped! We thought there was a gunshot next to our camper!
Enjoying the playground:
What are these kiddos looking at?

Their crazy and very fun Pop going oh so high on the swings!
(To get a good laugh, please blow this picture up to see my dad's face!)

Stopping at the duck pond. I'm explaining to Gavin after the goose just pooped while we were watching it that birds don't pee (Did you know this fun fact?? I just read it the other day.) so that's what his hands on his face are for--he's cracking up!

We went on a short hike around the pond. Gavin loved hiking!

This is a framer, Nani and Pop!
Ryan grabbed Gavin and started hiding from us. Then they would jump out to scare us and Gavin would turn Ryan's head to go hide again. It was so fun!


No strollers on this trail. Good thing Ryan and Pop are pack mules!

It was such a fun end to such a fun week! And camping with 2 extra sets of hands is so helpful when dealing with 2 crazy kiddos! :)








1 comment:
That looks like SO. MUCH. FUN. I love the picture of Gavin and Pop in their chairs - that one is priceless. Actually ALL the pictures in this post are great! :-) I think y'all do so many fun things together as a family - it's great!! :-)
Post a Comment