Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

Gavin and I have had so much fun singing "5 Little Pumpkins" with our 5 little pumpkins from the Pumpkin Patch, but the day came when we needed to carve our Jack-o-Lantern.

Gavin was really interested in the inside of the pumpkin:And so was his sister...

I let her touch the pulp and she immediately put it in her mouth. The gross part is she kept doing it. And yes, I totally let her eat it.

Gavin loved putting the eyes and mouth back in like a puzzle.
Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!

Halloween day, Henley woke up with snot, snot, and more snot. Story of my life right now with 2 little kiddos. So we had to cancel part of our plans with a fun dinner with friends and just go Trick-or-Treating.

Gavin's new favorite thing to do when he plays is call for the fire department (he pretend dials a phone on his hand and yells, "Fire!"). I also asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up and he said a fireman. So that led me to his Halloween costume! And Henley is his trusty sidekick, the firedog:

"Dad, are you seriously taking more pictures of me?"

I had a polka-dot top so I was a momma dalmation, too.

Action shot:
I dressed their wagon up like a firetruck including ladder (thanks for the idea, Kim!) and siren:

Braden and Gavin:

Gavin loved Trick-or-Treating this year:

He was very focused for the first hour and ate candy as soon as he got it:

Our Trick-or-Treating crew:

Gavin asked after about an hour to go home. I guess he was done with the candy! We saw a firetruck with lights and siren on on the way home so like any real fireman and firedog would do, we followed it! It parked in a shopping center and we got out to see the real thing while they were dressed up. It was a fun ending to a fun night!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

What a Happy Halloween! LOVE the costumes... and wagon - so smart! :-)