Sunday, October 31, 2010

Zoo

Last week, we went with 3 other moms and a total of 7 kiddos to the Knoxville Zoo.
It was my first outing by myself with Gavin and Henley, and it was GREAT. I'm sure the fact that my friends were there to help me was the main reason it went so great!

Because I am such a dork (we'll blame it on my former life as a kindergarten teacher), I dressed my kids in clothes that had zoo animals on them. Henley's sleeper has a giraffe and Gavin has monkeys and camels. I sigh at myself, but I have to do it!

The kids are looking at an elephant through the glass. Gavin couldn't take his eyes off of it. We've been working on naming animals and animal sounds in books we've been reading, and I think he was shocked out how truly big an elephant really is!!

So many animals to see, and what is Gavin most interested in?

"Truck!!"
A Zoo truck that passed by. Such a boy.
Thank goodness they had one for the kids!

We love the Gibbons!

Checking out the Chimps:


We tested out the Sit and Stand double stroller for the first time, and we LOVE IT!!
I think it helped that Gavin got to watch Braden on his (and climb on with him!) to learn how to use it.

This is how Henley enjoyed the Zoo:

Kate and Henley are already BFFs!

I think the Wee Play area was everybody's favorite.
Notice how in every picture, Gavin either is on an automobile or has one in his hands!



Braden, you crack me up!

Handy Braden

We had so much fun and can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Okay, do you remember the last time we went to the zoo with the Trump kids? (which I think was your last time) Gavin was so different this time - up and enjoying all the animals! He is such a big boy now! I'm sure I'll keep saying that as I watch him grow :)