When Henley was just 4 days old, we had 1 day between when my mom left, Ryan's mom was coming to stay for a few days, and it was Ryan's last day of his "maternity leave." :) It was a GORGEOUS Fall day, so we packed a picnic and headed up to Cade's Cove!
It was really nice that 90% of the time we were driving, so the kids were able to nap in the car.

With a newborn, we had to stop several times to feed her and change her diaper. So thankful for our van in times like this! I think Henley enjoyed herself.

I borrowed my friend Elizabeth's awesome camera (thank you!!) to get some better pictures than my point-and-shoot Canon camera.
Gavin setting up the picnic:

Sweet Henley Jane




This boy loves his little sis.





One of Gavin's new favorite words is "bug." Imagine how excited he was when we found this Woolly Bear Caterpillar!
Love this boy.

It was really nice that 90% of the time we were driving, so the kids were able to nap in the car.
With a newborn, we had to stop several times to feed her and change her diaper. So thankful for our van in times like this! I think Henley enjoyed herself.
I borrowed my friend Elizabeth's awesome camera (thank you!!) to get some better pictures than my point-and-shoot Canon camera.
Gavin setting up the picnic:
Sweet Henley Jane
This boy loves his little sis.
One of Gavin's new favorite words is "bug." Imagine how excited he was when we found this Woolly Bear Caterpillar!
Where did these blonde curls come from??

We got out one time to walk around at the Mill, but a lot of people started walking around too so I quickly got back in the van with little Henley!
We got out one time to walk around at the Mill, but a lot of people started walking around too so I quickly got back in the van with little Henley!
5 years ago, Ryan and I were biking the loop and stopped to take this picture:
So the whole point of us going was to get this picture again with our growing family. Here's what the barn looks like now:
Yup, recently torn down. I was quite disgusted.
So we kept driving and took a family shot with the mountains in the background:
Explaining God's creation to Henley. I'm sure she was listening intently. :)





2 comments:
OH NO. I can't believe the barn is gone, how sad!
I love your blog post, fun to look at for a break at work.
Post a Comment