Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We are loving Gavin at this age right now. We're able to do so much fun stuff! We started off the week carving a Jack-o-Lantern:

Ryan was sharpening the knife using this knife sharpener and Gavin took it and made it his sword.
"En garde!"

"Is this what you're supposed to do with this thing?"

"Oh, I got it now."
The finished product:

Gavin says "Hi" and "Bye" while waving all the time. Especially "Bye" in a really country voice. Love this kid.

We built a fire and Gavin kept turning to it and saying "Hot!"

Gavin got to help roast marshmallows for the first time:

I believe he was a big fan!

And Henley enjoyed herself all wrapped up snug as a bug in a rug!


Then on Halloween, the best friends got together (Braden & Gavin and Kate & Henley) to go Trick-or-Treating.
We started off with Mummy Hot Dogs to eat! Elizabeth, they looked (and tasted!) AWESOME!

Then the Dads helped the boys decorate pumpkin and ghost sugar cookies:



Then it was time to dress up! We were a farmer family and Henley was our newly hatched chick! I was originally going to be a chicken and she was going to be my chick, but I "chickened" out on the idea. And Dakota was going to be a cow, but we ended up not bringing her. I may still dress her up--we have a cow bell and everything! Gavin loved his John Deere hat--of course!!

The Dads pulled the boys in the wagon:

And the Moms pushed the girls in the strollers:

My little sleeping chick enjoying her 1st Halloween!
Kate the flower
(LOVE this picture!)

The boys ate candy after every house I think!
Both in mid-chew. Hilarious:

Gavin didn't really know what to do at first, but he got the hang of it after just a couple of houses!!

The Blanton Bunch

The Hughes Family

We of course had to take a picture before heading off to bed on the John Deere mower!!It was such a fun Halloween!! Thanks for letting us tag along, Blantons!!

No comments: