Huge huge huge news in the Hughes family. Like I can't believe this has happened.
Gavin stopped sucking his thumb. SERIOUSLY!
My friend Liz got this picture last weekend:
He has sucked his thumb with his blanket at bedtime (or this is right when he woke up) for his entire life. Like since he was a newborn. I thought this was going to be a tough habit to break.
So Gavin and I went to the dentist on Wednesday for his first teeth cleaning.
I took him last time I went so he could watch, and he seemed totally ok with the idea of getting his teeth cleaned. So we just tried it with mine and Ryan's regular dentist, not a pediatric dentist. He did AWESOME!!!
So I asked the dentist if he could tell from Gavin's teeth that he sucks his thumb. He said not at all, BUT that when permanent teeth started coming in, he could definitely mess them up. Gavin heard our whole conversation, I talked to him after the appointment, and that was it. He stopped. Cold turkey. Gave up his blanket, too. SERIOUSLY!?
So as a reward, we went to Target 3 days later to pick out a present. I've been spying on him at night and naps and he seriously isn't cheating! This boy is a big boy!! We are so proud of him and can't believe it was so easy!
And I have about 10 million posts I need to be blogging about (Joanna :) ). I'll get there!








No comments:
Post a Comment