Monday, December 31, 2012

Decorating the Tree


As I'm going through our pictures from the past month, I am exhausted just thinking about all the fun we have squeezed in! And so much to share that there will be lots of posts over the next few days as I catch up! 
(If the kids cooperate during naptime that is!)

The weekend after Thanksgiving, we hustled to decorate the house before Ryan had to leave for 3 weeks. Let me just say, Christmas was SO FUN with a 3 1/2-year-old this year. Everything was seriously magical to him! He would say repeatedly, "Christmas is my favorite time of year!" or, "I just love Christmas!"

Helping me set out the nativity. This was my job as a little girl so it's fun to do it with my kids now!
Every time Gavin saw a nativity throughout December, he would yell (and I mean YELL), "It's Baby Jesus!!!"


Cutting the string on our real tree. Ryan's Great Uncle has a Christmas Tree Farm in North Carolina that we get a tree from every year!


We buy the kids an ornament every year as a tradition (like my parents did with me). Gavin loves putting on his ornaments!



This girl wants to do EVERYTHING her brother does:

Putting the finishing touch on--The Abominable Snowman topper from Rudolph!
  
Finished Product: 

The amount of presents under our tree this year was insane!!! So blessed to have so many family members to buy fun gifts for!

No comments: