Sunday, December 30, 2012

Larry the Elf

We have had so much fun with our Elf on the Shelf Larry. We started it last year and knew it would be a hit this year with Gavin's age. Good grief, he loved it, of course!

Larry appeared for the first time at Nani and Pop's house while Ryan was in Boston.
First night, he rolled Nani's Christmas tree:

Gavin is really into bad guys vs. good guys right now. So Pop found these policemen and we decided to arrest Larry for rolling the Christmas tree! Ha! They had him surrounded:
Even Pop's robots got in on the action:
Gavin LOVED it of course.


Pop hit the jackpot at Big Lots with fun little action figures. So we decided to let Larry bring army men the next morning, armed with a grenade! Ha! Hmmm...pretty sure most Elves on the Shelves don't do this :).




Playing Rock 'em Sock 'em:


I decided to set out a toy early when we got home--a Mr. Potato Head Fireman. "Larry" set up all Gavin's firetrucks and is on the ladder:
Gavin was just a bit excited. :)

Larry brought the kiddos some new Christmas coloring books. Goodness, what a generous elf he is!


Gavin had a Christmas parade at preschool and Larry had his shirt on wishing him good luck:


Ryan put him on the ceiling fan, and Gav couldn't find him all day!

Gavin's last day of preschool, I sent Larry in his lunchbox! I wish I could have seen his reaction. We got to join him for a party at the end of the day:

Snow angel in flour:

Eating our gingerbread house:

Watching TV with a midnight snack:

Tearing into presents Christmas morning:

He hitched a ride to Chattanooga to go to Nani and Pop's again:

Uncle Chad put him in a million different places that I did not get pictures of, but here is an example. Loaded in the back of Gavin's new dumptruck filled with "snow."

It really has been so fun figuring out what to do with this little guy! He doesn't "watch" Gavin or report to the North Pole like I think the whole Elf on the Shelf idea is supposed to be. We just do it for fun and these kiddos love it! Gavin one day said, "Mom, I just don't understand how he walks around while I'm asleep!" Oh, how I wish I were 3 again!

No comments: