Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Getaway

We were gone all last week and had a blast! Ryan planned an overnight getaway for us in downtown Chattanooga on Sunday night. It was the first night in over a year that I didn't put a kiddo to bed! So fun spending a whole day with my favorite person in such a fun city...

When Ryan is on a business trip, he always takes pictures or videos of Gavin's favorite trucks and texts them to me so Gavin can watch them. So even though we were away from our kiddos, we obviously thought of the Gavster when we saw this firetruck and of course sent him a picture!

We have a lack of pictures to document our day away, so here's a quick rundown:
We ate at Big River Grille which we hadn't eaten at since our Senior Prom! Man, it is so nice when you have to prepare 3 meals a day to get waited on! And funnily enough (is that a word?) saw some friends of ours also on a getaway!

Then we went to see a movie (with 2 kids you can guess that we NEVER get to go to the movies). We saw "The Big Year" with Steve Martin and Jack Black which was sooo good!

The next morning we slept in (*Hallelujah Chorus*) and walked around downtown Chattanooga. We walked down Frazier Ave and came to Cardboard Hill which I had heard of but never been to.

Oh. my.
It was so much fun!!

Then we ate lunch and Rembrandt's (*Hallelujah Chorus again*) and went back to Ryan's parents' house to see our kiddos! Amazing how I can miss them after just one day.
More blog posts of our week away to come!

(P.S. Thanks for planning a fun day away for us, darlin'! It was a much needed break!)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Oh, I love Rembrandt's! :-) I have never been to cardboard hill either, but it looks fun, lol. So glad y'all had a little getaway! I am sure it was much deserved and even more enjoyed!