Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Fam: Part 1

A couple of years ago, my brother and his wife moved to Stamford, CT. We only get to see them about 3 times a year, so it's a big deal when they can fly in to see us! Instead of us going down to my folks house, they all came up and stayed at our house!
The problem: we have no extra bedrooms for them to stay in.
The solution:
Yes, that's Cousin Eddie my mother in her bathrobe waving from the front porch with the camper parked next to our house!

Gavin loved spending time with Unk and Aunt Meg in real life instead of on the computer via video chat.
Morning workout time:

Since they don't get to experience a lot of Southern things anymore, we planned some things they could only get in the south for the few days they were here.
Day 1: The Smoky Mountains
We went to Cade's Cove to picnic and ride the loop.

First stop for any Cade's Cove experience: Soft Serve Ice Cream Cones!

Henley got to experience her first ice cream on her 10 mo. birthday--2 months earlier than Gavin ever got to have sweets! Yes, I caved.
Something tells me she was a fan...

Riding the loop in the van is pretty awesome!
We could open the doors as we drove to look for bears:

And it made it easy getting out to see the wildlife:

We stopped halfway through to picnic by Abram's Falls:

And a buck walked across the stream right by us. He's actually peeing in this picture! That's definitely a first for me to see! And we were downstream playing in the water...
And another deer walked right past our picnic spot. They were so tame!

Henley was not a fan of the freezing water:
But her brother most certainly was!

Skipping rocks with Pop:
More Southern fun to come!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

What a fun day! I love that the whole family came to you this time! I bet you had the best time having them all in your home!!!

Joanna said...

ADORABLE!!! I have been waiting on this post!!! I have heard stories and can't wait to see pictures that go with them:) I love you guys!!!