Take 1
On Cars 2 opening weekend, we got to take this little man to see the movie he's been waiting on for months:

Gavin has never been to a movie, so we opted for the Drive-In with friends!
He had a grand ol' time, which we knew he would!
Henley had a fun time, too, playing with one of the Cars 2 cars, Francesco:
The van was awesome because we folded the seats down and could play in the back...
...or sleep in the back:
The boys opted to sit in their chairs outside:
They had such a great time that it was totally worth going.
However, it was NOT the perfect night I thought it would be! We've been talking and talking and talking about this movie, watching the previews with Gavin, and he was freaking out. We decided to eat at the concessions stand to support the Drive In (because we normally bring food in) and the line was crazy long when we got there. So we kept waiting and kept waiting and the line never went down. So finally just before the movie started, Ryan got in line...to return at 10:45, as the movie was ending. Seriously. He missed the whole thing! He missed Gavin screaming out the cars names ("Mater!" "McQueen!" "Mac!" I finally had to give him his blanket to muffle the screaming!) but he texted me and told me he could totally hear Gavin from the line! So Gavin had a great time, which is the whole reason we went, but it wasn't the fun family night I had planned.
Take 2
So since the Drive In wasn't the greatest, we decided to take Gavin to see Cars 2 in the theaters this weekend.
He had a great time! He traded from sitting with us to getting up and leaning on the seat in front of us (which was empty, thank goodness!)
Aunt Amanda watched Henley for us, so it was just the 3 of us which was so much fun!

And I had to pull out the big guns (the blanket) to keep this little guy quiet for the 2nd half of the movie:
After the movie, the theater cleared out and we let him run loose. He had the best time!
We now know that if we go back to the Drive In, we'll bring our own food so we can enjoy it as a family! :) And by the way--Cars 2 was pretty violent for a kids movie. Did anybody else see it and think so, too?








2 comments:
We haven't seen it yet! I want to because I liked the first one so much, but I'll probably wait for it to go out. Lily isn't crazy about going to the theater. Actually, I retract that... she LOVES going and gets WAY EXCITED, but her Daddy and I are pretty sure it's all about the popcorn and candy and she always ends up aksing, "is it almost over?" lol. We went to see Pooh the other day with Moo, La, and the boys and it was the PERFECT length and we loved it! :-)
Those rolls in Henley's legs (1st picture of her) are killing me! So cute!! I love that Ryan could hear Gavin from the line! And glad you guys finally got to enjoy it together at the theater!
Post a Comment