Thursday, August 25, 2011

On the Move

Ladies and gentlemen, Henley Jane is on the move!
Well, thankfully not that kind of on the move yet. :)

Henley is getting out of the easiest stage (in my opinion). She could sit up, but couldn't crawl. So I could put her anywhere and she would stay put! The best of both worlds!! This is especially helpful when there's a 2 1/2-year-old running around on the loose! :)

We have been trying and trying to get this girl to crawl. The result was always the same: scooting backwards and sitting up...


Even with help from Nani a month ago to prevent the sitting up part, she still wasn't ready:

So when my family was in town a few weeks ago, my sister-in-law and I were out shopping and I get this text on my phone:

Although I'm bummed I missed her first "real" crawl, I'm so glad Ryan got to witness it. He has to miss so many firsts that I get to experience staying at home. Poor thing, I'm always calling him at work saying, "Henley just ___," or "You just missed Gavin do ___," so I really am glad he got to be there for this!

Henley is in what I like to call the "Cross Country Crawling" stage now. No more little crawling spurts for her--this girl is on a mission to get somewhere!

"Watch out, world! Here I come!"

My life just got a bit more complicated with both kids being mobile... :)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

She's getting to be such a big girl!!! :-) She's be everyewhere now - watch out! lol Great pictures too - love the hot pink!! TOO. CUTE!