Sunday, June 19, 2011

An Ode to Ryan

Poor Ryan. Every year, he has to share his birthday and our anniversary on the same day, but this year, Father's Day is the same day as well! Of course with a triple whammy like that, he deserves his own post!

Part 1: Happy 7th Anniversary, darlin'!
Who would have thought that the scrawny little boy that gave me a starfish necklace to tell me he liked me almost 20 years ago would be the man I would spend the rest of my life with!? I think if the Middle School Allyson Wade could have written my perfect life, it would have paled in comparison to the life the Lord has blessed us with. I mean, who marries their Middle School sweetheart!? Ryan, I've spent most of my life with you that I seriously can't imagine it without you!

Part 2: Happy Birthday, Dad!
Take 1:

Take 2:


Part 3: Happy Father's Day!
Ryan is such a sacrificial Dad and helps out so much with the kids. He works hard all day and comes home to be bombarded with, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" from the second he gets out of the car. No matter what he has to do, he includes this little guy...
...who wants to be just like him:

This is by far one of my favorite things these boys do. This is a song all about Gavin's favorite: Monster Trucks (specifically his new Monster Tow Mater)

Yesterday, Ryan took Gavin out to breakfast and stopped at a Construction Site to watch the dump trucks so I could have an extra hour of sleep. What a sweet husband, and what a fun dad!


And this little girl just lights up when her dad walks in the room.

My prayer is that she finds a man exactly like her dad to marry one day!

We love you so much, Ryan! It's clear you're all of our favorites!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Allyson! This made me tear up, how sweet. 20 years... wow, are we old? Congrats 7 years of marriage and keeping Ryans interest for TWENTY YEARS! Here's 60 more!!

Meagan said...

Seiously... you gave me watery eyes with this one!!! (Of course with my prego horemones that doesn't take much these days, lol!!!) ;-) WONDERFUL post and I can see through your blog on a regular basis that Ryan is a fabulous husband and daddy made just for you and your sweet sweet family! :-)