Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chatt Town

The first weekend of April, we went to Chattanooga to visit Ryan's family for his grandfather's birthday.

Gram and the kids (ready for naptime with their favorite blankets!)
Great Grandma Betty:
Great Grandpa Bruce:

Henley loves Papaw--particularly his gotee:
I love this video because you can hear Henley's precious squeals. It's a very very loud squeal these days!! This is before she completely found her voice and realized she gets heard a lot more when she's loud!

It was such a beautiful spring day.

Gavin and I played his favorite game: "Get you!" (tag)

No trip to Gram and Papaw's is complete without a ride on the tractor:
And finding a critter (inchworm on his thumb)...


At the end of the month, Gavin, Henley, and I went down to stay with my parents while Ryan hiked the AT (still working on that post). No way was I going to stay home Wednesday-Sunday with no help with 2 kiddos!! So thankful grandparents don't live more than 90 miles away!

I think Nani might have had a fun (and I'm sure tiring!) time:

Because of the tornados, Ryan's Mom was out of school, so we all went to the Imagination Station playground...

...and Veteran's Park (Gavin's obvious favorite!)
Waving to the tank:

I drove by this park all the time when I lived in Chattanooga and have a new appreciation for it now that I have a little boy that loves all things manly!

There was a cool anchor there, so of course I had to take advantage of it with some pictures of my handsome little boy!

You can tell whenever Gavin is in a good mood...
...he closes his eyes and bursts into song! I'm sure he was singing his "Tractor" song, which goes like this: "Tractor! Tractor! Tractor! Tractor!" :)

We stopped for a picnic lunch by the stream:

And Nani and Gram threw sticks in with Gavin:

Henley was all smiles, as usual!
Gram and Gavin:

There were pine needles everywhere that had been blown down from the storms. Gram taught Gavin to sweep with them. He loved it!

Not sure if you can see them or not, but there were about 10 yellow Swallowtail butterflies right next to this pond. It was bizarre! There are 7 flying around us in this picture. We tried hard to get them to land on us with our sticky hands from lunch, but no luck.

So thankful for time with the fam!
Nani and Pop--thanks for letting us invade (and mess up!) your house for a few days. It was much more fun than staying at home alone!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

What a wonderful time outside and with family! I love the picture of gavin singing - so funny! :-) Henley is growing like a little weed, isn't she? They are both cute as can be!