Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Otis the Tractor

As I was reading Gavin his new favorite book, Otis the Tractor, today, I realized I never posted about one of the best days of Gavin's life 2 weeks ago. Yes, he was seriously this excited:

Dollywood's Penguin Players acted out the book at local libraries earlier this month. Ryan was able to leave work early to come with us, too!

Of course I had to dress Gavin in a tractor shirt and Henley in her overalls for the tractor theme. Yes, I am that kind of a Mom.

I had no idea what to expect, and the guys completely exceeded my expectations. It was awesome to say the least, with Otis the Tractor actually moving around.


They turned the book into a song (that we have been singing all day after I remembered this video!)...

We got to meet Otis after the show.

But all Gavin wanted to do was see the big yellow tractor, who is the bad guy in the book!

Thanks for telling us about this, Liz! It was totally worth fighting the crowds to go see it!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

How fun! I haven't heard of that book and my friend's little boy LOVE tractors... adding that one to my shopping list today! ;-)