I promise my next post will be our trip to Florida. No time right now to do it. Here's a sneak peak of our fun at the beach with the 7 month picture--on location!
And after months and months, we have decided 100% on a name for our precious little girl.
Introducing:
Henley Jane Hughes
(Who covers her face up in all ultrasound pictures just like her brother!)

Reasons why we picked this name:
*Ryan's sister Amanda was looking through a baby name book we borrowed (thanks, Elizabeth!) and loved the name Henley. Me, not so much. I said, "Like the street?!?"
*Then we were at the pool on July 5 and I heard a Mom call to her little girl Henley, and I really liked it when I actually heard it for a little girl!!
*Ryan has always wanted an H name to go with Hughes for a girl.
*Henley is Irish (me) and Gavin is Welsh (Ryan)
*Now I actually like that Henley is a street in Knoxville, particularly that UT is on Henley Street! That was a part of mine and Ryan's life for 4 years (even if it was long distance)
*Jane is my grandmother's name, and she is thrilled to have this little girl named after her!
Introducing:
Henley Jane Hughes
(Who covers her face up in all ultrasound pictures just like her brother!)

Reasons why we picked this name:
*Ryan's sister Amanda was looking through a baby name book we borrowed (thanks, Elizabeth!) and loved the name Henley. Me, not so much. I said, "Like the street?!?"
*Then we were at the pool on July 5 and I heard a Mom call to her little girl Henley, and I really liked it when I actually heard it for a little girl!!
*Ryan has always wanted an H name to go with Hughes for a girl.
*Henley is Irish (me) and Gavin is Welsh (Ryan)
*Now I actually like that Henley is a street in Knoxville, particularly that UT is on Henley Street! That was a part of mine and Ryan's life for 4 years (even if it was long distance)
*Jane is my grandmother's name, and she is thrilled to have this little girl named after her!





3 comments:
yay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!
I'm doing pretty good Allyson, although last night the baby said NO WAY to Mexican. By the way, I'm hopefully using your baby doctor.
I love your girl name! If we are having a girl she is going to be Ruby Jane...they would need to be friends with their matching names :-)
Post a Comment