Friday, May 10, 2013

Zoo with Dad

1. Buddie, a.k.a. gifter of Zoo pass, I am posting these Zoo pictures especially for you!
2. Ryan messed with the white balance setting on my camera. These pictures are unedited and AWESOME as far as vivid colors and no flash. I love the new setting and have been playing A LOT with the camera ever since.

We had plans to go camping last weekend, but due to sickness, we had to cancel. Ryan had planned the day off on Monday for the camping trip, so we decided to head to the Zoo! 

First stop was somewhere I don't think we have EVER been before. We go to the same places every time it seems, so it was fun to go with Ryan because he led us down different paths!
These spoonbills were GORGEOUS!

 The Prairie Dogs were right next to the glass which was super fun for Henley Jane!

Gavin the Gopher :)

Kim Alexander--every time I pass these, I quote Wheels on the Bus: "Scarlett Macaw!"

#1 reason why the Zoo is more fun with Dad: He pays for a camel ride! We pass this every time and I never even think to pay for the kids to do this! (In my defense, it's $5 for, turns out, 1 time around! But it was not crowded so Gavin got to go 2 times around.)
 Big stuff. He knows it.
 Henley may try one day, but she was a little too timid!



Who wants to look at the giraffes? There's a bird's nest with eggs!
(Another reason why Zoo is fun with tall Dad!)

 Totally forced cheese but still cute!
(And yes, I dress my children in animal shirts every time we go to the zoo. Don't you!?)

A rarity--me in a picture!

This is Henley peeing like a Wild Dog. My mistake to show her this.
 That's my girl!

The Gibbons are by far my favorite in the whole Zoo!


I make a fool out of myself on a regular basis trying to get these guys to talk. This time, they talked back! (Technically we had already walked away but raced back as soon as they started up!) And you can hear Gavin and Henley in the background talking to him, too!

Gavin with his monkey shirt in front of the chimpanzees:
 

No stroller=fun unpaved back way!

Stop. it.

Bald Eagles?? There are Bald Eagles at our Zoo?!? 
See--the Zoo is more fun with Dad! We find things we never knew existed!

The rhinos were super close to us. I've never seen them right by the fence like this!

Stop it again.

Condors. Yet again--really? How have we never been over here??
The kids loved comparing their "wings" with the condors'.


We love the Carousel!

And Henley is finally a fan!




We all love the Petting Zoo!

The newest part of the Zoo has tons of these guys called Budgies just flying all around you:

We learned we could buy a seed stick for $1 and they would come super close!

The best spot (we were told) is standing at the fence and feeding them over/through the fence:

On the stick!




My little hatchling in her nest with her owl shirt:


The Beaver was putting on a show for us! He was swimming right up at the glass full speed. It was super neat to watch! 




Reason #48 why we love Dad coming to the Zoo--"Slushy Dogs!"


Can't wait for another fun day at the Zoo! Thanks again for our pass, Buddie!

No comments: