Sunday, March 24, 2013

Disney: Day 2 @ Animal Kingdom

The original plan was for us to spend 3 days in Disney. Ryan had to work Tuesday and Wednesday, so we had Monday, Thursday, and Friday open. But because Monday was SUCH a long day and required so much work (not complaining, just explaining the reality of it!), we decided to just go back one more day. And of course we milked it for all it was worth and closed the park down! :)

Thursday was a special day to be in Disney--it was Gavin's 4th birthday! He of course got a "Happy Birthday" pin to wear and show off! The employees are really awesome and go out of their way to say something to the kiddos that have pins on.

We started out at Animal Kingdom, which we all loved! This day was SO MUCH BETTER, and it is because my Aunt Joanna and Cousin Madison were able to tag along with us. A couple extra hands made a huge difference all day!

My Aunt Joanna is super crafty (and addicted to Pinterest, might I add :) ) and made this precious princess skirt for Henley to wear for her last day at Disney!

Joanna was amazing and had so much for the kiddos. She normally gives the kids a half birthday present instead of a birthday present (which I love so much!). But she fudged a little this time since it was Gavin's actual birthday, so she gave them each birthday $$ to spend in Disney. So fun!

First stop was Fast Passes for the Safari, then we split up and we did A Bug's Life 3D while Joanna and Madison braved Everest! Love Gavin in his 3D glasses. Henley was TERRIFIED during this show, but it was all in all really fun.
When we met back up, they said Everest was so great that they watched the kids so Ryan and I could actually go on a grown up ride! It was terrifying and super fun. :)

Then to Henley's favorite--the Safari! Fast Passes are a gift from the Lord, people! We only waited about 10 minutes!

I wish I had a picture of the jeep we got to ride on--Gavin of course loved it!


Henley loved pointing out the animals:

Especially her favorite--the elephants!

And the "raffs"

What a life--taking a mud bath:

Tree of Life picture op:

I'm including this pic because of the pins on the stroller. Employees would see Henley's "First Time" pin and ask us how our first time at Disney was going. Such a special added touch!

We would have loved to have seen some shows and done more at Animal Kingdom, but it was time to get to Magic Kingdom to catch the parade. So we hopped on a bus and monorail. Gavin was as excited to ride the monorail as any other ride!

Next post (and I'm sure it'll be crazy long): Magic Kingdom 'til bedtime!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Love it! The Bug's Life thing was one of my top 5 from our trip! I LOVE LOVE the "bugs" that get to leave first at the end and run under your booty! lol!! We also LOVED the Safari and I went on it even though it wasn't advised for preggo mommies... I just couldn't pass that up!