Apparently all it took was the kiddos seeing the entrance to get excited. This is how they reacted after going under the "Walt Disney World" sign with Mickey and Minnie:
Praise the Lord. If you know me, I need a big reaction!!!
First stop until lunch:
Excited kids on the ferry to Magic Kingdom sporting their Disney shirts:
I had read some pretty awesome books to get a game plan so we zoomed down Main Street to head toward Fantasyland. Of course we had to stop to take the typical castle pic:
First stop: Dumbo! Thanks to tips from friends and Disney with Kids book, we knew this would fill up first, so we got there ASAP and didn't have to wait at all! We didn't know it had an amazing "Big Top" play area for kids to play while they waited. It was just like the movie!
Gavin actually didn't want to leave this part. He thought this was the ride! :)
Posed (very fast) picture:
We actually all got to ride together! This is my new favorite family picture because these are genuine (not posed) smiles from us having such a great morning at Disney!
We rode "Barnstormer" which is a roller coaster perfect for our kids' ages. This was Henley's favorite ride! We asked her what her favorite was and she would go, "Weeeeeeeee!" with her arms up like a roller coaster. Precious girl. Of course Gavin picked to ride everything with Dad!
Everything else had too much of a wait by the time we rode those 2 rides so we headed out of Fantasyland and caught the last of the show at the castle. I really am amazed (although I shouldn't be) at how the Lord seriously worked out timing for us the ENTIRE Disney trip that we just happened to be at the right place at the right time. We weren't even planning on catching this show and so glad we did! Mickey Mouse and friends and almost all of the princesses! Henley was in awe.
The kids had a great view on our shoulders! And Henley kept her hands up like this the whole time because she couldn't process what she was actually seeing!
And that ends our perfect day. :) Because "park hopping" is not the best idea with a 2 and then 3-year-old with a double stroller meticulously packed with everything we need, only to have to take everything back out in a rush (while keeping our children safe in the bus line) to catch a bus to go to the next park. Wowsers. Stressful to say the least.
Next post: Hollywood Studios and the realization we need to lower expectations of Disney with such young kiddos! :)










1 comment:
YAY!!!! I love Disney. I never thought I would say that... but now that I have kiddos, it really truly is a magical place! :-) I can't wait to read more!
Post a Comment