Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Zoo & Splash Pad

I'm on a blogging spree--nobody stop me! :) I'm sure I'll take a couple weeks off again when we get so crazy busy for me to even stop and think!

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Knoxville Zoo. My grandmother Jane (a.k.a. Buddie) got the kids season passes for Christmas. That's my favorite present! To quote Cousin Eddie, "It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year." Thank you, Buddie!!

To my knowledge, this is the first time that Henley has been up and at 'em at the zoo. She generally has wanted to stay in the stroller, but not this time! I almost didn't even need a stroller!

LOVE this. She's super excited to see the Meerkats.

Gavin and Henley watching the Gibbons (monkeys)...

You can see it in the background (that is, if you can take your eyes off the precious pigtails! Good grief she's so cute!)

Checking out George the Chimpanzee:

Henley kept lifting her shoulders like she does when we ask her what a monkey says, so I had to get a video:


Our whole purpose of going to the Zoo was to try out the brand new Splash Pad. Henley did fine if she was in a friend's arms...

...but generally this is how she felt about the Splash Pad:
Her brother was equally as excited, but I have no pictures of that bad attitude, thank goodness.

BUT how can I get mad at this preciousness???

I guess we'll just stick to the Zoo animals for now. They happily hopped back in the stroller (BEGGED to get back in the stroller would be more like it) and we went to Nani's favorite animal, the giraffe, before we headed home.

All in all, it was a fun day. It was A LOT of work to get them changed into bathing suits for it to last about 2.5 minutes, but we'll try it again! It was an incredibly gorgeous day with a cool breeze, so maybe on one of these 100 degree days they will welcome the water! :)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Oh my goodness - there is so much in the post that I love. First, and above all, I love that you started with a quote from Cousin Eddie - seriously great, lol. Next, the pigtails. Are you kidding me? She is freaking adorable! Next, the shoulder shrug with the monkey. Too. Cute.

I am blown away that they didn't love the splash pad! We LOVE the splash pad. I bet they'll warm up to it pretty soon!! :-)