I am SO PROUD of my little man! He is learning to swim this summer--thanks to our good friend Mrs. Melanie! It helps that a. we have a friend that is a trained swim instructor, b. I am now on staff at the gym where she works to get a great discount on private lessons, and c. Gavin has been swimming with her his whole life when we would do playdates at her neighborhood pool!
Last week, he finished his 6th and final lesson with Melanie for this summer. We went 2x a week so he would learn a lot in a short period of time so as not to forget. He has learned to kick (somewhat) with straight legs, move his arms to swim, hold his breath and breathe, jump off the side and start swimming, and swim to the side of the pool and grab on.
Warning--these videos will probably only be exciting to grandparents, but I wanted to post so they could see Gavin's progress!
Videos from swim lesson #2 in mid-June:
Lesson #4:
For the last few, we swam and picnicked at the baby pool before Gavin's swim lessons so he could get some energy out!
Lesson #6:
Last lesson:
Thank you so much for all you've taught him, Mrs. Melanie!!









1 comment:
So sweet! You gotta love little ones in the pool! I'm glad y'all got such a good deal on private lessons and with someone you know! That's great!
Post a Comment