Monday, March 5, 2012

Circle G Ranch

My buddy Claire and I have been trying to get together for the longest time and without fail, one of us or our kids would get sick. So we finally got to hang out a couple weeks ago. We saw this deal on Half Off Depot and went to Circle G Ranch for half price. I am being serious that this is one of the top things I've done in my life! It was SO NEAT!!!

The animals just roamed free, so when we pulled up peacocks were just strutting around:

I don't know this for a fact, but I assume the bright colored peacocks (above) are males, and the white ones (below) are females. Not sure if I've ever seen a female peacock?

We each paid an extra $10 to upgrade to the guided truck tour. It was well worth it!

We were the only ones there the whole time so we had the whole truck to ourselves, so the kids could walk around when we stopped, and we didn't have to worry about the animals hurting our cars!

The kids loved changing seats at every stop...

Here's lots of pictures of our fun time. I kept snapping pictures because I just COULD NOT believe the animals were all so close to us with no fence or anything! 
 

The Emu was a bit vicious when it came to getting food!

 



 A deer eating out of my hand:

Henley liked keeping her distance. She guarded the food for us. :)
(Don't worry--she didn't eat any!)


Antelopes:
 

 A week-old baby piglet that we were the first visitors to pet: 

These llamas followed us the ENTIRE time--which was around an hour I think. I guess I would too if I kept getting fed out of someone's hand!





 LOVE this picture. What a fun life this little boy has!

See the Emu stealing food again? Straight from the bucket!

This looks like a staring contest to me. Ha!

Can I just say that I LOVE getting to do things like this with my kiddos!

 Llamas and Audads:

 Ostrich:


 Camels:
 

Love this deer's tongue sticking out at us. :)


 Admiring from a distance. The horns are a little intimidating! 

 Especially from this guy!

Do you see this nasty slimy tongue?? It was sooo gross!

Henley sat here the entire ride just checking everything out. Again--so thankful we had the open-air truck to ride in instead of the van! It was just perfect!
 

She wasn't so sure about these guys :)
(This picture cracks me up b/c she looks so unhappy, but she really loved the whole trip!)

These pictures really don't do it justice--we had a caravan of animals following us the whole time!


Our favorite part was the Zebras...

 


Because a baby Zebra was born THAT MORNING! So he's only 4 hours old here! The driver said he was "still wet"! Amazing!!! 

 

Doesn't he look so big to be a newborn!?



More camels at the end:
(Notice these guys have 1 hump and the others had 2)



It was fun telling Gavin how God created these animals so perfectly. The driver explained the camels have eyelashes like this to keep the desert sand out of their eyes: 

"Give me some food!!" 


 I love this speckle-face llama:

 Gavin started dancing for the llamas. Ha!

The very last part was the petting zoo animals that came down to visit, begging us to come feed them when we got off the truck. :)



So of course we did!

Do you see the big pig roaming free? He was really friendly! Especially when we had a picnic lunch! :)

LOVE this picture, Claire. :)

It was such an awesome place and such an up-close experience that we can't even have at the regular Zoo. I'm so glad we did it! Anybody want to go again?

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Kim said...

Did you take notice of the baby zebra having brown stripes? Rev and I learned in The Zoo Book that they are born with brown and later they will turn black. Very cool!