Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mighty Mega Monster Trucks

Gavin loves monster trucks. Ok, that might be an understatement. He's a bit obsessed. He watches a show on Netflix that explains how they're made and they sing a song that says, "It's the mighty mega monster tuck" that's pretty catchy--hence the title of this post. :) And I love that he loves all thing boy. SO when we got a flyer in the mail about Monster Jam coming to Knoxville, OF COURSE we had to take Gavin!

The week before the show, Advanced Auto Parts locations around town had different monster trucks to come see up close. So after naps, we went to see Full Boar:

 Gavin got to meet the driver and builder--who happened to be from Maryville!


Gavin loved seeing the trailer that hauled the monster truck as much as the monster truck itself I think!

 


 Henley Jane was pretty much in awe of the huge thing: 
 She's sporting her brother's shirt to fit the occasion. :) I know, I am such a dork.


Now onto the big day...

We got a free monster truck when we saw Full Boar that came with tattoos, so we put one on Gavin to wear to the show!



Ryan and Gavin went by themselves so I really can't tell you anything about these pictures other than Ryan texted me and said, "He is in awe."

 Papaw let Gavin borrow these shooting range earmuffs to go on top of earplugs. They certainly did the trick! Ryan had to take them off for Gavin to hear him talking to him.


I LOVE this video so much. It shows how much fun he is having (wait 'til 20 seconds to see his precious joyful face). This is Full Boar that we saw up close earlier that week, too. Who later in the show "hurt his tire" Gavin said, so he couldn't race anymore. Gavin said, "He was so mad!"




Look how flat the cars are here in comparison to the earlier pictures/video!

Gavin was equally as excited to tell me about eating popcorn and Sprite as he was about the monster trucks!! :)

They had different intermission-type stuff while they were setting up the cars or fixing the monster trucks. This is pretty crazy:

This video is long, but the donuts that Grave Digger does at 1:12 are ridiculous!!!

While the boys did manly things, Henley and I had a tea party with her dolls!

I feel like seeing a Monster Truck Rally is a right of passage for a little boy, don't you!? :) Gavin definitely wants to go back again!

No comments: