We started working on the letter "V" for Valentine's Day last week when we addressed our Cars Valentines. Henley self-appoints her job any time we do a craft to emptying and re-filling the crayon box. :)
I had Gavin's full attention for about 5 cards and then he was done!

But he was quite proud of his writing. :)

Then we worked on counting with this fun craft for our mantel:
Yesterday we made this craft to melt old crayons down into heart-shaped crayons:

Braden and Kate were such good helpers!
Trying out our new crayons:
This morning, we celebrated Valentine's Day with heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast:
And Gavin helped me sort candy hearts by color:
Then this boy completely surprised me with his cutting skills and cut these hearts that I drew all by himself! I didn't cut once!!

With celebrating this day of love, I thought I'd list a few things these crazy kiddos love right now...
Gavin loves all things boy: tractors, monster trucks, construction vehicles, and firemen.
His favorite thing is to pretend to be a fireman right now. Especially with his brand new fireman rain jacket that is perfect for dress up! Thanks, Gram and Papaw!

And Gavin loves his Best Buddy Braden!
(Who happened to be his twin yesterday!)

This weekend while sitting at the dinner table, Gavin leaned over to me, wrapped his arm around my shoulder and said, "I love you, Momma" for the first time without me saying it to him first. What a sweet moment!! You know that made me tear up! Then he said, "You're like Penny from 'Bolt'," which I took to mean that he loves me like Bolt loves Penny!! What a sweet boy I have!!
Miss Henley Jane loves her lamb.

Actually, I don't think there's a strong enough word for the emotion she feels toward this lamb. :) She starts sucking her tongue (not a paci or her thumb, but her tongue!) the second she gets this little guy in her arms.

And she loves the Wheels on the Bus more than any child I've ever seen! What 16-month-old knows to request a favorite show already!?
And I love that I got my Valentine's Day wish!! As of last week, this little girl has decided to walk!!!
So thankful for my job that is one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I love spending my days with my sweet family who I love so so much!!







2 comments:
Isn't being a mommy the best! The best and hardest job in the world for sure!!!! You inspie me with the fun and creatve things you do at home with your babies!! :-)
you are an amazing mom! you do such awesome things at home. wish I could be at home with my kiddos and do HALF the things you do!!
Post a Comment