Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day

I love Groundhog Day! I don't know what it is about it, but I just love it. Any day that gives me ideas to do different things other than play with the same old toys is a great day for me!

We started the day off by watching Punxsutawny Phil predict 6 more weeks of Winter:

Then we used our huge cardboard box that we've been playing with all week as our burrow:
Did Groundhog Gavin see his shadow?
He decided he wanted an early Spring:

Then I reminded him that the real groundhog did see his shadow so he better hibernate some more:
Henley of course thought we were silly and crazy...
And then wanted to join in!

It was so gorgeous that we were outside by 9:30 and Gavin still played groundhog getting scared of his shadow:
And digging down in his tunnel:
We made these guys for our snack! Our sorry attempt at a groundhog cupcake:
Gavin sure loved them!
And I found a fun song that I of course have to share!


I'm A Little Groundhog

(sung to "I'm a Little Teapot")

I'm a little groundhog, furry and brown,


See me pop while I look around,


If I see my shadow, down I'll go

Six more weeks of winter, oh no!

No comments: