Friday, January 21, 2011

Misson Statement

On our date night this week, Ryan wanted us to come up with a Family Mission Statement. We're huge Dave Ramsey fans, and he encourages you to do this in your business or for personal growth, so Ryan wanted to do it as a family. We started making a list of things we wanted to work on with the kids, and I thought the easiest way for us to remember it was to use our last name to help us out! So here's what we came up with, and you can keep us accountable to doing these things as a family in how we interact with each other! I've also put it on the right side of the blog for a reminder, as well. -->

Honor God
Use Self Control
Give Respect
Have Fun
Encourage Each Other
Search for Ways to Serve

We're really excited about it and pray it can be a helpful teaching tool for Gavin and Henley!

4 comments:

Denton Family said...

I just love it. Really really love it. I am so proud of you guys for doing this act. We have talked about it for years but have never done it. We have a general idea in our heads but not on paper. I think I will still the last name idea. Thanks for sharing.

The Eady Family said...

Sounds great! We've done something like that before where we came up with our governing values. Hope more families will follow your lead.

Meagan said...

What a wonderful idea! I just absolutely love that! What a great thing to be excited about as a family!!

MELDUST said...

i love it! Ya'll are such a neat family. I love you guys.