Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dinnertime

Ever since we watched the dreaded Food, Inc., dinnertime has been very different at our house. Gavin has favorite foods now, and it doesn't include Goldfish or Hamburger Helper. What's his favorite food?
BROCCOLI!!! This was actually after dinner one night and he ASKED for more while sitting on the couch. It truly amazes me.
I guess it goes to show that if your kids don't have a choice, they'll eat healthy stuff and learn to love it! So thankful he is such a good eater, and I'm so thankful we saw this movie so we're putting healthy things into our little kiddos.

Gavin has turned into quite the chatterbox these days, whether he's saying real words or not. I think he was telling us he really enjoyed Liz's Chicken Tortilla Soup!

And we luckily don't have to do the airplane trick to get Gavin to eat (I guess that's why he weighed 25 pounds under a year old, huh?), but he has fun doing it to himself!

Dinnertime has not always been this fantastic around here! He was throwing food and refusing to finish for a while, so it's so nice to see progress as we work with our little man!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I LOVE seeing kids eat good food! Lily is a good eater, albeit a carb lover, lol. She loves vegies of all kinds! At 6, she now knows that things like french fries aren't even an option and we make her order for herself when we go out to eat. It's sweet because even when the waitress asks if she would like fries, she'll not even hesitate in saying, "no thank you, I'll have broccoli." :-) It makes me smile every single time!