It's official. I want Gavin to stay this age forever and ever. I LOVE 18 months!!!
Ryan had to go to Atlanta for work a few weeks back and had to rent a car. What was the ONLY car they had? A 2010 cherry red Camaro!!!
We went blueberry picking again with Shannon and Libby a couple weeks ago.
But it was soooo hot and we were all tired by the end. I know, buddy, I felt like this, too.
This attitude is one thing about 18 months that I do NOT love so much. :)
He loves to put on sunglasses and knows he is being funny when he does.
And I probably shouldn't post this on the blog but it CRACKS ME UP so I must!
Played in the water in regular clothes so we stripped him down and he insisted on pushing his own stroller completely naked. He actually swats our hands away when we try to help him steer.
We borrowed the movie Cars for our Orlando trip. Well, this boy is hooked. Actually, obsessed is a better word. If we let him, he would sit on the couch and watch it all day long.
(Obviously we do not let him do that!)
He has no idea that he has a baby sister in my belly, but he's been resting his arm/hand on my belly and it's so sweet!
He had his first experience at Wasabi last weekend. He loved watching them cook in front of him!
Gavin is starting to help a lot. He puts things away in his toy bins now (woohoo!!) and loves helping with the laundry.
This teacher Mom is sooo proud of how much this boy loves to read! We have a tub of books upstairs and downstairs and we will literally sit down and read for 30 minutes non-stop, book after book.
Gavin and Dakota interact so much during the day that I love having her around. Even if she does slobber all over me. :) Dakota has always chased a flashlight since she was a puppy and Gavin loved learning to play with her at Ryan's parents' house. I think we should send this into America's Funniest Home Videos!
We've been able to enjoy family evenings outside now that the weather is cooling down (hooray!). We went to the Cove and grabbed a pizza one night:
And another evening we went to a playground by our house. Trying to get this boy out as much as we can before we're all trapped in the house when Henley comes! :)
Ryan and I recently made a list of all of Gavin's words he can say. More than what I realized, but not as much as I would like!!
truck
dog
Dakota
hot
duck
more
that
ball
bye bye
hi
Dad
He understands soooo much more! It's so fun to be able to tell him something as specific as "bring me the red truck" and he does! He's growing up so fast!
18 month stats from the doctor this morning:
Weight: 25 lb 2 oz (40%)
Height: 32 1/2 in (60%)





1 comment:
I was having a challenging day and heard your baby laugh and it made me feel so much better. The sweet sounds of toddlers laughing one of my favorite things.
Post a Comment