I requested a getaway with Ryan before our little girl comes this fall. Ryan planned an entire week! Gavin stayed with our parents 3 1/2 days each. So thankful they live so close that we can do that!
We went to Charlotte, NC for a work trip for the first 2 1/2 days (I shopped all day at Ikea, read by the pool, and got a pedicure while Ryan worked!) and then off to Charleston, SC just the 2 of us for the rest of the week.
We stayed at the Francis Marion hotel downtown the first night:
We went to Charlotte, NC for a work trip for the first 2 1/2 days (I shopped all day at Ikea, read by the pool, and got a pedicure while Ryan worked!) and then off to Charleston, SC just the 2 of us for the rest of the week.
We stayed at the Francis Marion hotel downtown the first night:
It was so fun to just leisurely walk around without pushing a stroller or having to calm down a screaming toddler! :)
I always love walking through The Market downtown. I see these butterflies every time I go and always want to get them but have no idea where I would put them! Next time I'm getting one. I love them too much.
And this picture was just too funny not to share:
And I would like a real life picture of Gavin and Ryan like this. Soooo precious!
We ate out at much nicer restaurants than we ever ever ever do. Which is nice because we definitely can't go to a nice place with the Gavster! And with 2 kiddos very soon! :)
Fleet Landing by the ocean (we called ahead and requested a window seat!):
Poogan's Porch
Years ago, I remember watched Food Network's "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and saw him try to beat this guy's 7-layer coconut cake recipe from Charleston. Coconut cake is my absolute favorite so of course my pregnant self remembered this while we were there! I googled and found it at Peninsula Grill. It was totally worth $11 a slice!
We went to the beach for a couple of hours to relax and read. A thunderstorm was coming so EVERYBODY (including lifeguards) deserted the beach. It ended up not raining and we practically had the beach to ourselves!
And of course I'm rereading Eclipse to get ready for the premiere next week!!
The last day we went to Boone Hall Plantation.
Can I plant oak trees in my front yard down my driveway to look like this?? These are my absolute favorite trees!
We took a little wagon ride around the plantation with a tour guide.
I was SO HOT being so pregnant in such a hot city that I had to buy a sundress while we were there so I wouldn't die of heat exhaustion. :) I now know why girls down there wear dresses all the time!
Thanks, Ryan, for taking me away for so long! It was such a wonderful anniversary week with you!
And here's a couple pictures of what Gavin was up to while we were gone:
He sure doesn't look like he missed us very much!
A week was a VERY long time away from him. Around day 4 I was missing him like crazy! Maybe after 2 kiddos I'll want a week next time! :)





4 comments:
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time. Charleston is one of my favorite places. Rereading Eclipse for the premier great idea. I read the trilogy this winter and I must confess I am in love with Edward. Is it as good the 2nd time around?
I just loved spending time with Gavin! ...getting to know him and his toddler ways. I love that he signs "all done" and "more". He is just Stinkin' Cute!!!!! (and getting cuter the older he gets) I am so glad you guys had a wonderful trip to celebrate your wedding anniversary, Ryan's Birthday and finally Father's Day:)
Oh that sounds awesome!!!
Ryan and I are off for 7 days and 8 nights with out the kiddos here in a few weeks as well. Plus we are going with one of our fav couple friends...so double plus.
reading about all you did makes me super excited for a week vacation....
p.s. i love the name you guys came up with!!!
xoxo lil
I love, love, love this post! I want to go to Charleston so bad - I haven't been in years! It looks like y'all did it all and had so much fun! Romantic - and a great idea before you have 2 underfoot! :-) So glad y'all got to do this!
Post a Comment