Last weekend, 15 of us went to Elkmont to enjoy the annual lightning bug show. This is mine and Ryan's 6th year going and I think it was the best year yet! I so wish I could show you pictures of these synchronized fireflies, but they don't pick up on our point and shoot camera. If anybody ever finds a picture or video of them, I want to see!
On the way to see the fireflies at dusk...
The tent we stayed in was humongous and had 3 rooms!
Here's Gavin's room (yes, it was big enough for his pack & play!)
Gavin loved playing on the air mattresses:
Playing with Papaw and Gram at the campsite:
Amanda froze all weekend
I bought this shirt especially for this camping trip. He's taking a bite of food here so he looks quite unhappy actually! He really did such a great job all weekend. I think he'd rather live in the Smoky Mountains than at home! So much to explore and sticks galore to pick up!
Playing in the FREEZING creek.
"I'm not so sure about this, guys."
Dad forced him in.
He's only been in water with sand so he kept stomping on the rocks.
Gavin the Explorer
Do you see the wings on this boy from the humidity?
Gram and Papaw got him his only little chair:
Low Country Boil on Saturday night. Finally a picture of my parents! They took Gavin around the campground in the wagon all the time--I'm so sad I don't have a picture!
I think eating with your hands and camping just go perfectly together, don't you?
Gavin loved camping food.
"Alright, guys, give me something to fix. I know what I'm doing here."
(Thanks for his camping pj's Aunt Joanna! They are my favorite!!)
Reading about Tennessee with Gram:
He got very interested in a Grandaddy Long Leg and followed it under this rock.
I just love seeing the world through his eyes!
If anybody in Knoxville wanted to go see the fireflies, you can still go this weekend! Here's info:
http://www.mysmokymountainvacation.com/firefly-show.html





No comments:
Post a Comment