Monday, May 10, 2010

Zoo

Gavin and I got to go to the zoo last Thursday with Kim and her niece and nephews. We had never been in the kid area before. Gavin loved it!
(And p.s.--notice he's wearing shoes! Woohoo!)

And of course wanted to put everything in his mouth. I did find out that they wash everything every night!

Shoveling horse poop in the barn. Hilarious!

I was in charge of bringing a snack, so I got all of us a box of the yummiest Animal Crackers! I haven't had these since I was a kid. The kids were pulling out the animals and talking about the ones we'd already seen. So cute.

And I brought zoo books to read while we snacked. Kim and I are such teachers!!

We went to the bird show to finish up snack.

And Jake got called up as a volunteer!

With 4 kiddos to watch, there's just no time to take pictures! So we spent all day at the zoo, and do I have 1 picture of an animal? No! Well, Gavin, I guess we'll have to go back! :)
Gavin fell asleep before we got to the end with the Carousel (which we did ride, but he was fast asleep the whole time) and the petting zoo and play area. Looks like we'll have to start at the petting zoo next time!
Thanks for inviting us, Kim! It was so fun!

3 comments:

Kim said...

So glad you guys got to go with us! I love him wearing shoes! :)

Chris and Diem Trump said...

thanks for the animal crackers! thanks for looking after me while i was playing at the playground at kids cove. this is jake. bye bye!

Joanna said...

Allyson, I just love reading about our life!!! How fun!! I just love the Animal Crackers. I have finally sent you dates for the summer on your email. Talk to you soon.