Friday, May 14, 2010

4 Months and Big News!!!

I guess with a 1-year-old, I can't expect this boy to cooperate for every picture. :)
Here's the funny part--the 4 is from me cutting out coupons earlier that day and I did not intend to make it into the #4, it was just the coupons I needed. Pretty fitting for a coupon freak like myself to use it for the picture!

Wednesday was the big day--finding out if Gavin is going to have a little brother or sister!!!
We had quite the crew with us for the ultrasound (minus Ryan's dad--he just stopped in for lunch on his way through town). My Mom, Ryan's Mom and sister, Ryan, the Gavster, and of course me and the baby!

It's kind of a tradition now (2 years running) to eat at Apple Cake Tea Room before we all head over to the ultrasound.

Anxiously awaiting for this little baby to cooperate to tell us boy or girl!!
(You can see the ultrasound screen top left that everybody was watching.)

My friend Jeanette reminded me of my Senior Prophecy in our high school yearbook when I saw her the other day. Here's what I wrote in 2000:
"If it is God's will, I will hopefully be married to Ryan Hughes with a little boy and girl--hopefully taller than me! I hope to be a school teacher and very devoted to my Heavenly Father, family, and friends."

Haha, well 10 years later, I can say all of that prophecy is true!
It's a GIRL!!!!

She had her little hands up by her face almost the whole time like her brother likes to do when he sleeps.

Aunt Amanda came prepared with a little pink dress--she sure wanted a girl!

Our #1 prayer for this little girl is that she would be healthy. We would covet your prayers for the remainder of this pregnancy for God to continue to knit her perfectly in my womb.

And as a side note, I have always wanted a little redheaded girl!! My babycenter.com email I got this week said her hair is starting to sprout! I asked the ultrasound tech if she could tell if she had red hair already--haha. So we're also praying for a little redhead! :)

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So excited to hear the news! We found out we're having a little girl too! Yay, playmates!

Kim said...

I loved reading your "prophecy".. haha. So sweet and kind of the Lord that it's accurate today! Still can't believe you're having a little girlie! So exciting!

Melanie said...

She is so sweet looking in her ultrasound.... aww... I love baby girls! Praying for you over here at the Oldacre household. London prayed for her twice yesterday like this: "Dear God, Thank you for Allyson's baby. Amen."

Denton Family said...

WOW I am totally shocked. I just knew it was another boy. I feel that one of my greatest blessings is being able to experience both. Congratulations. Isn't it just wonderful when we trust in God and get what we want in return.
Oh THe first thing Miles said when I told his is "Whats her name?"
I am so happy for you.

MELDUST said...

yay!!! a little girl!!!! how exciting!!!!! Gavin will have a little sister to watch over!!

lillian said...

OH yea!!! Congrats guys!
How so very fun! She is so sweet in her ultrasound picture!!! Having a girl is so fun and different!

Joanna said...

Dear Ryan, Ally, Gavin and our Precious Baby Girl,
We love you all and keep you each in our prayers. I just love it that you each continue to live in God's will for your lives. Such blessings are so abundant in each of your lives. Ally, may the precious Baby Girl Hughes continue forming in her perfect world!!! I look forward to meeting her!!! I also look forward to seeing my great nephew, Gavin, continue to seek out all the new things his world has to offer!!!!!
Love you guys!!!!!

Angie said...

I'm kind of behind, but so happy for you that Gavin will have a little sister. We are both very blessed:) Angie